Cadre Restructuring meeting is
purposed to be held in Directorate on 22.05.2012 at 12:00 AM
JCA DECIDES TO GO AHEAD WITH THE HUNGER FAST
PROGRAMME ON 21.05.2012. NO CHANGE IN PROGRAMME. ACTION TAKEN REPORT IS NOT
SATISFACTORY.COM.M. KRISHNAN SECRETARY GENERAL, NFPE, SHRI T.N. RAHATE
PRESIDENT FNPO AND OTHER GENERAL SECRETARIES WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAMME.
M.KRISHNAN S/G NFPE AND D THEAGARAJAN S/G FNPO.
TAKEN REPORT IS PLACED BELOW:
Communications & IT
08/15/2011-SR Dated the 15th May,2012
National Federation of Postal Employees,
Ist Floor, Post Office Building,
North Avenue, New Delhi -1.
Federation of National Postal Organizations,
T-24, Atul Grove Road, New Delhi -1.
Subject: - Undue
delay in settlement of agreed items of the strike charter of demands discussed
in the meetings dated 10.01.2012 and 12.01.2012 taken by Secretary(P) with
Postal Joint Council of Action.
I am directed to refer to the Department’s letter of even No. dated
02.05.2012 on the above mentioned subject.
2. An action taken report ad seriatim on the issues referred to by the
staff side, is as under:
1. Separate orders communicating the decision that no mail office will be
closed for next three years and no dislocation of staff to places outside
Instructions issued vide letter no. 28-8/2011-D dated 14.05.2012, a copy
of which is enclosed.
2. Orders communicating the decisions about no closure/merger of post
offices if no simultaneous relocation is possible.
Instructions issued vide letter No.40-6/2011-Plg(Pt) dated 21.2.12
3. Revision of wages of casual labourers & absorption.
The said Para is confined to the revision of wages of casual labourers.
The issue involves various policy decisions & as at present, draft
memo for the Postal Services Board is at the approval stage. Further action
would be taken after outcome of the decision of the PSB on the issues of
revision of wages and absorption.
4. Revised recruitment rules for group-D & postman as agreed and
syllabus for group-D examination (25% from GDS) & Postmen/Mailguard.
Files bearing Nos.37-33/2009-SPB-I and 44-14/2009-SPB-I concerned with
the subject matter is already under submission to M/o Law for vetting the draft
for amendment in RRs of Postman/MTS. On receipt of the same from M/o Law, the
RRs will be sent to Govt. Press for necessary Gazette Notification.
5. Revision of cash handling norms to GDS & ensuring no reduction of
TRCA under any circumstances and enhancing the Bonus ceiling to 3500/- &
revise the cash allowance to BPM at the rate of Rs. 50/- per trip instead of
A Committee was constituted to look into the revision of cash handling
norms & reduction of TRCA. The Committee has submitted its report, which is
Regarding enhancing the bonus ceiling to Rs. 3500, a proposal has been
submitted to Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure for approval on
So far as the issue of revision of cash allowance is concerned, the same
is not part of the minutes. However, the issue will be examined.
6. Orders revising the instructions liberalizing the powers to the
divisional heads instead of circle heads in case of tenure posting to C and B
7. Reiteration of earlier instructions on the grant of special pay to
unqualified Accountants & Counting of Special Allowance for pay fixation
without filing SLP against Bangalore High Court Judgement.
CPMG Karnataka Circle has been asked to file SLP in the Apex Court on the
advice of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure.
8. Circulation of clarification given to Punjab Circle to the remaining
circles also in respect of protection of pay of defunct PO & RMS
Integrated Finance Wing has sought some further inputs on the issue &
action is being taken thereon.
9. Orders on forcible allotment of staff quarters to the town SOs SPMs as
post attached quarters.
Instructions issued vide letter no. 18-9/2010-Bldg. dated 10.5.2012.
10. Non supply of balance statement of NPS to the official as on
The statement of transaction (SOTs) of the subscribers of Central Govt.
for the period 1.4.10 to 30.6.11 have already been dispatched to the
subscribers in the format approved by PFRDA by NSDL Mumbai vide letter dated
19.9.11. All the Directors of Accounts (Postal) have been informed about the
dispatch of SOT vide letter No.6-5/PA Book-I/NPS Procedure/2011-12/1960-89
11. Enhancement of financial powers to LSG, HSG II & HSG I.
This is under examination.
12. Enhancing the honorarium for invigilators engaged in departmental
The issue of revision of rates of honorarium for Paper Setter, Evaluator
etc. for Departmental Examinations has been examined and rates have been
revised vide letter No.A.34020/17/2008-DE dated 26.4.2012.
13. Allowing the physically handicapped candidates for appearing IPO
Under active consideration in consultation with the M/o Social Justice
14. Orders on drawal of Cash handling allowance to Treasurers,
Accountants irrespective of their position in MACP.
A reference has been made to the DOPT in this regard.
15. Finalization of cadre review proposals before 31.03.2012.
The matter is under active consideration and further discussion with the
staff side may be held shortly.
16. Payment of incentive instead of honorarium for attending the PLI/RPLI
work at divisional offices after decentralization.
All officials deputed for PLI/RPLI work to RO/CO from Divisions have been
asked to be repatriated vide letter No. 30-1/2010-LI dated 27.1.12
Further, in case of incentive, case has already been processed and is in
17. Orders for repatriation of officials deputed for PLI/RPLI work to
CO/RO to their home divisions.
Same as against sr. no. 16 above.
18. Allowing the Postmaster’s cadre officials to appear for IPO/PSS
The proposal has been examined and as observed, it does not fall in line
with the existing instructions, as these are two different streams.
19. Orders permitting the Postmaster cadre officials to officiate in
The matter has been examined. Not found feasible, as per R/Rules.
20. DO letter from Member(P) to all circle heads to fill up all posts of
Sorting Postmen, Mail Overseer, Cash Overseer & Head Postmen.
Orders issued vide No.37-4/2012-SPB I dated 19.04.2012.
21. Allowing MTS to decline promotion to postmen cadre under seniority
quota without losing MACP promotion.
Will follow shortly.
22. Reiteration of instruction for rotational transfer for SBCO staff by
notifying cluster of divisions
Issued vide No.141-91/2012-SPBII dated 2.4.12.
23. Issue instructions to all for ensuring filling up of all sanctioned
Will follow shortly.
24. Prompt grant of child care leave – issue of instructions.
Instructions reiterated vide letter No.51-3/2011-SPBII dated 10.5.12.
25. Clarifications to be issued on MACP as agreed upon on the following:
(i) MACP will not be deferred on the ground of contemplated
(ii) Instructions on review of ACRs/APARs by scrutiny committees
(iii) Recovery orders by DA(P) in the matter of pay fixation on MACP in
case of MTS.
(iv) Cases relating to declining promotion prior to issue of MACP order
(prior to 2009).
The issue is presently under examination.
26. Issuing clear instructions to all CPMsG that in the city areas where
RO/COs are situated decentralization of RPLI/PLI should not be done to city
Postal Divisions, instead the work will be done by RO/CO staff as done before.
Permission to Circle/Regional office to accept, process and service the
policies relating to their headquarter cities where they were located, issued
vide letter no. 30-1/2010-LI dated 27.01.2012.
27. Issuing orders on the items finalized by the Postmen committee and
also follow up action on certain items to be referred to work study unit.
Report of the Committee has been received. The recommendations are under
28. Cadre-restructuring and settlement of Group-D and Sorter anomaly
issues relating to Postal Accounts.
Cadre-restructuring: the proposal sent to Integrated Finance Wing for
their concurrence is at present lying with Postal Estt. Branch.Group-D &
Sorter anomaly: the information has been called for from all Circle Postal
Accounts Offices. On receipt of the same the case will be examined further.
29. Follow up action on civil wing employees’ issues.
The R/Rules are presently pending with M/o Law & Justice. Will be notified
immediately after it is cleared and further action will be taken.
30. Examination of CRC & EPP norms.
Logistics Posts: Committee formed to work out the handling norms of
Logistics Post has submitted its report. In view of observation of IFA(BD),
DDG(Estt) has been addressed to provide extant provision for formulation of
handling norms for new/existing service so that recommendations of committee
can be further examined. Reply is awaited from DDG(Estt).
EPP: a Committee has been formed to work out the handling norms for EPP.
The Committee has carried out preliminary exercise in its first meeting.
Recommendations of the meeting are awaited.
3. In view of the position explained above, you are requested to withdraw
your notice of one day hunger fast for 21.05.2012 and cooperate with the
Department in resolving the issues.