PAYMENT OF ARREARS TO THE SUBSTITUTES OF GDS WHO WORKED IN LEAVE VACANCIES FROM 1-1-2006 TO 9-10-2009
NO 6-1/2009- PE.II
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhavan,Parliament street
New Delhi – 110001
All chief Postmasters General
All Postmasters General
Sub : Payment of arrears to the substitutes of Gramin Dak Sevaks who worked in leave vacancies from 01.01.2006 to 09.10.2009.
Consequent upon the implementation of one man Committee recommendations, the matter regarding payment of arrears to the substitutes has been reviewed.
2. It has now been decided that the arrears of allowances of the substitutes of Gramin Dak Sevaks who worked in leave vacancies from 01.01.2006 to 09.10.2009 may be paid on the basis of minimum of TRCA.
3. The amount of arrears admissible as per extant rules may be paid to the genuine substitute. There should not be any double payment. The DDO or paying authority should take every precaution in this regard.
4. Necessary provision in Budget should be made at appropriate stage and availability of funds will have to be ensured before incurring the proposed expenditure.
5. The actual expenditure incurred may be informed to this office immediately after payment of arrears.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Internal Finance Advice(Postal) vide their Dy No 158/FA/12/CS dated 30.05.2012.