This gives me immense pleasure to communicate with you through this mass media to discuss about a cadre that we opted and selected through competitive departmental exams on the basis of firmly constructed recruitment rules which is published in the official gazette even though our path and the destination is not clear.
There was some confidence among us when the order of creation of Postmaster cadre was issued by the department. We saw rays of hope in the construction of RR published in the gazette. In the gazette even method of ad hoc posting is also envisaged.
You may noticed that from the postings by some bloggers who are representing Mass and their pressure the Department started to issue many orders which are against the Postmasters in the name of clarificatory orders but actually the original order was very clear on which basis only the confident officials given options and appeared for tough COMPETITIVE exam.
The department also do not want to lose the quality staff who can manage as an in charge of an operative unit. So instead of protecting the eligible Postmasters, department nailed on the Postmasters not to move from their cadre by not allowing them to appear the LDCE for promotion to IPs and Group B, declining promotion and kept mum.
The divisional administrations come to know that these cadre officials are orphaned by the department. So no one will question us in case of any severity, partiality shown against these postmaster and started to harass them by pulling out clerical strength from that office and applying strict rules and regulations on them whereas the counterparts managing in the general line offices are seen softly and forgiven. The postmaster cadre officials are also asked to work at counter and share their clerical work as that is requirement of that movement.
The federated unions are also taken several issues related with the Postmaster cadre officials up to some extent. They can take up the issue only by comparing with the equal ant cadre in general line that is HSGI/II and LSG. But according to our work experience as an office in charge, we all may come in to one conclusion that comparing with general line Postmasters:
1. Expectation of the administration from us is more.
2. The responsibility on our job lasts up to 20 to 30 years.
3. The work on the computer environment gives more comfortable but as the same time very risky without vigilant supervision which is not expected from the general line
4. The punishment are reduced on their age but in Postmaster cadre an official is charge sheeted and held up his increment for 18 months for one day delay of speed post article.
We can list out many of such things. If anyone wishes to share their experience they can also comment on this and will be published in this blog.
So in short, to establish the uniqueness of the cadre and representing Directorate for our own grievances we should be united and ask for the justice to uphold the prestige of this Post.
I have compiled some questions that are to be asked to the department when we represent through our own association:
1. Postmaster cadre is blessed or cursed?
2. Why the LDCE are deprived for Postmaster cadre officials. Is department is going to give any uniqueness to this cadre in cadre restructuring?
3. This is the first time in history in a Central Government department where Juniors are given ad hoc promotion and seniors are deprived the same for the reason that they opted one new cadre which is created and floated by department by itself.
4. What are the damage control steps the department is going to take? Is this is justice on the Central Government employee who have full faith on the Governmental rules and laws and given option to hold a post with highest responsibility without any special compensation.
5. “Why this koli veri” on the Postmasters of India post who is holding highest responsible post in the operative unit which is the back bone of the department.
If you have any other questions in other angle you can also suggest me. To solve all the above puzzles we should united and represented on our own. Our brothers could not understand our mental and physical state at this movement.
Therefore it is high time to unite and represent